Friday, November 19, 2010

Money is the root of evil? Really??

You should be familiar with this statement:
'Money is the root of evil' 
Its a common statement people have heard before, and some actually agreed!

So I wanted to know, how evil can money be? What have money done to have caused unwanted events to occur?
There are some people who become desperate and greedy because of the need for money. Eventually try to rob, steal and cheat for the sake of money.

At this point, I keep asking myself, how many among us use evil to gain money? Not everyone, not even majority.
Without money, we cannot imagine what will ever happen to us.

Let me share this scenario of my friend:

The friend of mine, right now has a happy family, loving dad and mom. But 10 years ago, her dad suffered a heart attack, and seriously need a heart bypass. And her dad had to go through intensive care for one month.
And such treatment don't come cheap, all the sudden they need to fork out almost USD25k for the treatment. At that point of time, he was saved, because money was paid for it.

So tell me, if we don't have insurance and such money? How do we survive?

In my own terms, money can give happiness, better health, and love. No money we don’t get any of those.
Is money the root of evil? I say, no money is the root of evil in modern age.
Note this, even if one has insurance and got warded in a hospital , he/she needs to pay money out of their pocket first before they can get treatment! Hospital needs to have a 'down payment' before they proceed with their service. That's life...

And dun give me that crap of saying, I have no money and I live happily ever after, because there is no happily ever after when you are poor. At least not now, not at our time.

Today while I'm writing this down, we should have a positive mindset about money and understand how it can help us live a better life. With the need for money, we strive to improve ourselves, whether it is career or personal development. I keep a good mindset towards this.

No comments: