Thursday, November 18, 2010

Do you have fat wallet or thin ones??

Few days ago I've encountered someone who asked me this, "How did u go to work normally?"
And I responded, "I commute by train and bus everyday".  
The next statement responded like this, "Whoa, u dun drive to work? U are crazy!"

************

And what do you think? Maybe some do think that I am crazy, maybe some do not. But I sure can afford a car, I'm working and I can afford an average car to drive to work. Save my trouble to wait for bus, save my energy to walk everyday for 20mins.
Still in my opinion, IF i really get a car right now? I really am crazy!
First and foremost, why do we need a car when we have an option to still commute to work? Why do we need it when we don't need it to generate money?
I'm on sales line, yes i am suppose to need one, but it doesn't stop me from getting sales even if i dun drive~
So if I have a car, I have to ensure that every month I can earn much more to cover the loan for hire purchase. But for what reason when I still can earn the same without a car. So am I crazy now? I dun think so.


 *Doesn't mean that I dun wan to drive or have a car. I still wish for a day to have my dream car, but its not my time yet =))
I want Aston Martin DBS!*


The thought that has been running through my mind is the level of commitment we should hold on to.
If we can reduce the level of commitment, we can save few more bucks in our wallet every month. So instead of paying a car loan, its better to pay for a bigger wallet to put more money in.

I've sum up some part of my commitment which I currently possess, and some that i dun~

Hire purchase (car) - None
Credit card - None
Study loan - Partially paid out (so that I won't get blacklisted); remaining to dump into stocks, lolx (leveraging??)
Phone bill - I'm still on prepaid; I can use office phone to call out
Insurance - Yes

Therefore my commitment right now is pretty simple to sum up, there's a lot of unnecessary commitment I can avoid through this. And where did the rest of my money go? I've dumped portions of it to investment to make money work for me.
I do not like big commitments, that is a lot of work to calculate my monthly expenses, shucks!

No comments: